We support charities and not-for-profit organisations whose main activity is either:
- the rescue and rehoming of UK pets or
- the provision of temporary support to ensure pets can remain with their owners
What do we fund?
- Vet bills
- Boarding costs
- Low-cost neutering initiatives
- Trap, neuter and release
- Building additions and improvements
Deadlines: These depend on the nature of your rescue and the application; please contact our Grant Funding Coordinator for more information on timescales.
How much do we fund?
£1,000 – £150,000
Applications for £20,000 or less are seen every 3-4 months Applications for greater amounts are seen at dedicated meetings held every 6 months
How often can we apply? At least 12 months must lapse between receiving funds and making a new application. At least 18 months must lapse between applications for vet bills/boarding costs.
- Read the current grant criteria carefully to make sure your organisation and your application are eligible for support.
- Contact our Grant Funding Coordinator to discuss your application and get access to the online application form.
- Make sure you’ve included all the supporting evidence required before submitting your application. For all applications this includes financial details for your organisation for the last financial year.
- Submit your application. If you would rather submit an application by post please ask.
- We will work with organisations to make sure your application is comprehensive and complete before it is put forward for a decision. We may also ask if we can visit the rescue to learn more about your work and meet some of the pets in your care.
We’ve been awarded a grant – what next?
Receiving a grant isn’t the end of the process; all rescues should engage with us following a successful application. This includes:
– Sending us photographs, videos and case studies of pets helped
– Updating us on the progress of building work, including before, during and after photos
– Include our logo on any vehicles or a plaque on/near building work
– Tell us the impact the grant has made on the rescue and your pets
– Post a ‘thank you’ on social media and/or your rescue newsletter
– Work with our PR Agency on a press release
– After 3-6 months we will write to you to ask for evidence of funds spent.
Cat Homing and Rescue
Cat Homing And Rescue in Warrington received £2,000 from Support Adoption For Pets to help with the vet bills of…Find out more
Bolenowe Animal Sanctuary
Only a few miles from Lizard Point, Bolenowe Animal Sanctuary is the most Southern rescue that Support Adoption For Pets…Find out more
Rainbow Rehoming Centre
Rainbow Rehoming Centre care for over 100 dogs and over 200 cats every year from their base in Londonderry, Northern…Find out more