Support Adoption For Pets administers the Pets at Home Damaged Stock scheme.
Any stock in Pets at Home's national distribution centres that cannot be sold is offered to local rescue centres all across the UK, offering a lifeline of support. This could be – for example – a ripped bag of cat litter, a dinted tin of dog food, products with a short shelf life or surplus toys, leads and bedding.
With over 425 Pets at Home stores nationwide (and growing!) the charity team offer these items where they are needed to support hardworking rescue centres and help to feed and care for hungry pets. The scheme is operated as fairly as possibly on a rota basis based on the availability and location of surplus stock and has made a huge difference to over 1,000 local rescues and countless pets in need of a home.
1. Items donated are for the sole use of the rescue and cannot be exchanged in store.
2. Items donated must not be re-sold.
3. Any items that are offered, are offered at no charge to your rescue.
4. Donations must remain in the UK and be for the sole use of the rescue applying.
5.We can only accept one application per rescue. If you work on a national foster basis, please contact us and we will explain how the scheme works for your type of organisation.
6. If you are a multi-site rescue, then one application per site (based on postcode) will be allowed.
7. We cannot list the items on the pallet as they do vary.
8. We cannot give you a date that the pallet will be delivered to your nominated/local Pets at Home store but we will call you when it arrives so that you may make the necessary arrangements.
9. Pallets will be delivered to your local / nominated Pets at Home store only. Collection must be completed within 48 hours of notification.
10. Rehoming centres must not “cherry pick” from the donation and must take all items on the pallet. A small van or large car would be required.
11. You need only apply once and will remain on the system after a donation.
12. We ask that you share news and images of a donation on social media where possible.
Please note that Support Adoption For Pets cannot offer any guarantee when items will be available
nor the frequency of donations offered. This scheme is very popular so rescues are likely to receive
one donation every 12/16 months.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules will result in your rescue being removed from the
scheme immediately and without notice.
For any queries please contact Lynn Stoddard on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0161 486 3669.