Support Adoption For Pets administers the Pets at Home Donated Stock scheme.
Any stock in Pets at Home's national distribution centres that cannot be sold is offered to local rescue centres all across the UK, offering a lifeline of support. This could be – for example – a ripped bag of cat litter, a dented tin of dog food, products with a short shelf life or surplus toys, leads and bedding.
With over 425 Pets at Home stores nationwide (and growing!) the charity team offer these items where they are needed to support hardworking rescue centres and help to feed and care for hungry pets. The scheme is operated as fairly as possibly on a rota basis based on the availability and location of surplus stock and has made a huge difference to over 1,000 local rescues and countless pets in need of a home.
1. Items donated are for the sole use of the rescue and cannot be exchanged in store.
2. Items donated must not be re sold.
3. Any items that are offered, are offered at no charge to your rescue.
4. We can only accept one application per rescue. If you work on a national foster basis, please
contact us and we will explain how the scheme works for your type of organisation.
5. If you are a multi-site rescue, then one application per site (based on postcode) will be
6. We cannot list the items on the pallet as they do vary.
7. We cannot give you a date that the pallet will be delivered to your nominated/local Pets at
Home store but we will call you when it arrives so that you may make the necessary
8. Collection from your nominated/local Pets at Home store must be completed within 48
hours of being informed that the items are ready.
9. Rehoming centres must not “cherry pick” from the donation and must take all items on the
pallet. A small van or large car would be needed.
10. Once you have applied, you do not need to reapply as we record and hold your details
11. We do use our social media platforms to shout about the scheme and the donation and we
ask that benefiting rescues do the same.
Please note that Support Adoption For Pets cannot offer any guarantee when items will be available
nor the frequency of donations offered. This scheme is very popular so rescues are likely to receive
one donation every 12/14 months.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules will result in your rescue being removed from the
scheme immediately and without notice.
Should you have any questions relating to this scheme, please contact Lynn Stoddard, Charity
Administrator via email email@example.com or on 0161 486 3669